Exporting multiple animations

Started by
2 comments, last by tokaplan 18 years, 1 month ago
Is it possible to create multiple animations in 3D Studio Max and export them through Panda to x-file as separate animation tracks? Thank you
Advertisement
Can you be more specific about which part you're having problems with?

1. Is it your ability to use 3DSMax to define multiple animations?

2. Is it a case of how to use the PandaSoft exporter to do this?

3. Is it how to write Direct3D code that interprets what steps #1 and #2 achieve?

If you've got a problem with either #1 or #2, then the Visual Arts forum is probably a better place to ask. If it's #3 then this is the correct forum - but people are going to need a huge amount of more information before they can give you a useful answer [smile]

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

At the Animation Tab use buttons to slice one long 3DSMax animation onto multiple small x-animations.
Thanks a lot. When I first asked this question, I really had no idea about any of 3 points jollyjeffers has mentioned. Now I've figured some things out and can ask the question more specifically.

DirectX help file uses such terms as "animation set" and "track"; yet it gives absolutely no explanation of these terms and how they are related.

Thank you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement