Shadows Volumes

Started by
1 comment, last by s_cloudx 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi, First, sorry for my poor english ! ;) I have a problem in my game. I use shadows volume, with ZFail algorithm. I use this tutorial. But, I get this : Have you any idea for my problem ? I think that I use ZFail correctly...
Advertisement
something similar happened to my shadows when i implemented shadow volumes for the first time. finally it turned out that my transformation matrices for shadow volumes were wrong (i wasn't using a vertex shader).

may b its the same problem with ur implementation. from the picture that u have posted there's not much i can guess right now.

also make sure that u have ur scene's depth buffer filled, before u go on to render shadow volumes.
Funny, I just solved that problem in my shadow + Cal3D code (I assume you're using Cal3D).

Nehe's tutorial (http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=27) helped me a lot, specifically, the castshadow and neighbor generation function.

Btw, Cal3D's paladin model has some edges without neighbors, just in case you might think it's a bug.
--------------------------Sony "Mr. Valdez" ValdezPinoyforum.net Technical EditorPinoyforum.net - the breeding ground of the Filipino Computer Talents

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement