ChoosePixelFormat creates a new thread, uses 50% CPU time

Started by
-1 comments, last by DrgnDeveloper 18 years, 1 month ago
Whenever I call ChoosePixelFormat, a new thread is created, and that thread uses 50% of my CPU non-stop until I shut down the program (It would probably be using 99% of my CPU if I didn't have a dual core setup). This mystery thread makes function calls to nvoglnt.dll. I do NOT have this application explicitly linked with any OpenGL libraries, and it happens whether or not I include PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL in my pixel format descriptor. The application having the problem is a standalone bare-bones dialog application, created by the IDE, and modified by me only with respect to adding ChoosePixelFormat, so I don't believe it's something I'm doing wrong. No matter what settings I use for my PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR, I always get the problem. Here are the specs on the system this happens on, running Windows XP: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz Dual-Core 2x1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 64-bit CPU EVGA GeForce 7800 GT PCI Express 256 MB DDR3 Video Card ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard This does NOT happen on either of my other two computers. Their respective specs in summary are: 1. Dell Inspiron 8500 w/ Intel Pentium 4M, ATI Radeon 9000, Windows XP 2. Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, GeForce 3, Windows 2000 Has anyone else had this experience? If so, can you give me any suggestions on how to resolve it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement