[web] Need opinion on my website, thanks!

Started by
3 comments, last by tstrimp 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi peeps, could I have your opinions based on the design of the site, I know it a little dark lol at the moment but any comments will be appreciated. thanks http://www.virtualx.byethost7.com/
Advertisement
The looks aint't too bad (not my cup of tea, but that's personal taste) but the source.... I would not want to work on that for any significant amount of time. It's table hell all over again. A problem which manifests ifself immediately: not all table rows have the same ammount of cells.

Did you build this by hand, or did you use an application to generate this?

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

hi,

i used photoshop image ready to slice 'n' dice lol, i was going to use CSS eventually but i selected to export code in table format.

personally, I can see no issues with tables, in fact I like working with them, also they are compatible with virtually all browsers, not all browsers support stylesheets accurately yet.
If you're going to use tables and slicing anyway, I recommend doing it by hand. You'll end up with far fewer images and a much cleaner table.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Way too many images. You would probably have better luck with setting the background as an image then you don't have to have tons of little slices. With a simple layout like that there would be absolutely no problem using divs and a style sheet to lay it out. One of the main problems with CSS being cross platform is the developer not knowing what they are doing.

Also don't forget one of the major downsides to using images for buttons. They can't be resized. I'm running at a high resolution and I sit about 4 feet away from the monitor, I've had to turn up the font size in order for it to be comfortably read. Your little images do not resize like that and will make it harder for some people to read your site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement