Sign in to follow this  
susliks

Wana make Web based online myltiplayer game

Hello all! I realy wana make my own game like www.combats.ru, or www.neverlands.ru, but I dont know how to start, what language do I need learn.. :( Maybe anybody can learn me or giv me sam tutorial... Please people.. :(

Hmm, probably should start with html and css and javascript and after that python and java and maybe perl - probably flash too - a search engine should point you to various tutorials. Have you tried talking to the people that run those sites?

No, but I like this game, thats why I wana make my own, only I hawe problems with scripts :( I now HTML, Photoshop, little Flash... I know what game I wana create, only I can`t create a scripts.. ::(

If you are familiar with C/C++, then PHP is a good choice. If you are more familiar with basic type languages (Visual Basic), then ASP might be a good choice for you. In the long run, language doesn't really matter as long as your game gets done.

Personally, I use PHP which I find superior to ASP. But that's most likly because i'm also a C++ programmer and love OOP.

Quote:
Original post by DarkZoulz
If you are familiar with C/C++, then PHP is a good choice. If you are more familiar with basic type languages (Visual Basic), then ASP might be a good choice for you. In the long run, language doesn't really matter as long as your game gets done.

Personally, I use PHP which I find superior to ASP. But that's most likly because i'm also a C++ programmer and love OOP.

Or you could love OO and thus use ASP.NET and code in C# :)

To the OP:
If you only know html then you've got a long way to go before you can create that which is your goal. You need to first learn the basics of programming, javascript might be a good idea as LessBread suggested (since you know html you can do some dynamic pages to start with). Then move on to ASP/PHP.

Hope this helps

Regards,
/Omid