c++ compilers

Started by
14 comments, last by guyver23 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I am having touble locating some C++ compilers for Windows XP. And I have googled it didn't help that much. So if some of you guys could provide me a good link that will help alot thanks.
Advertisement
Search for Dev-C++ in google, im sure you'll find it easily..
Dev C++ link
Dev C++ is the best! Simple, so you won't be overwhelmed with useless options, and more powerful than most commercial compilers. Always download the latest beta version, cause it works with the most libraries(SDL, Allegro, DirectX9, Opengl, FMOD, etc.), unlike Visual C++, which complains if the code isn't "Microsoft managed". It's the best compiler for game dev out there! Anyway, I've never had a complaint with it!

PS. In case you haven't noticed, I LUV DEVC++!
Disclaimer: The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any sane person, and may in fact, contradict such views. Deal with it. ;)
Visual Studio Express

*edit: And don't let gameteen mislead you...unmanaged projects in VC++ are quite trivial to set up.

CM
Seconding the Visual Studio Express recommendation as it is a great IDE with a great compiler. If it's too hefty for your tastes or if you like the GCC compiler, I'd recommend Code::Blocks for its IDE rather than Dev-C++.
I have tried Visual Studios Express but my trial expired so i decided to find something free.
Dev-C++ has no compiler. It uses any gcc port (cygwin or mingw).

I use it on mingw.
Visual C++ Express doesn't expire. You just have to register (for free) within 30 days. You get some other free stuff just for registering, but none of it is memorable.
skulldrudgery--A tricky bit of toil
You can also try MinGW Develop Studio

It's like VC++ 6.0 without the worthless compiler.

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement