• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MTclip

Creating D3DXSPRITE functionality..

This topic is 4477 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have some questions as to how the D3DXSPRITE may have been implemented.. ..basically how to created a usable sprite renderer.. since drawing calls are made by sending in a RECT for the source of the texture to draw.. it made me thing that they were using CopyRect()... but.. you can rotate and scale the sprite and i dont think you can do that with CopyRect().. and I think I remember reading some were that it uses textured quads... so how about texture transofmations... creating a quad the size of the texture and applying transforms based on the size of the srcRect, and rotation passed in? - or is that to cpu expensive, if you are going to draw a lot of sprites also I know the D3DXSPRITE supports alpha blending.. but can you change the way they are blended to make it suitable for a particle effect? thanks ;P

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!