• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

GetAdapterIdentifier crashes the computer?

This topic is 4359 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Um well hello, I was programming some stuff for device enum. I used the GetAdapterIdentifier in a loop. GetAdapterIdentifier(n, 0, mystruct[n+1]??); mystruct was created through D3DADAPTER_IDENTIFIER9 mystruct ??? = new D3DADAPTER_IDENTIFIER9 ??? [amountofadapters]; So the program crashed. I made some mistake with some pointers. I stopped the debug interface. Changed some stuff. Recompiled the program. Program crashed. -> VS debug started. I went away from keyboard for a few minutes. Returned dragged my mouse over some variable. A VS pop up appeared (with mem info). Mouse freezed. I pressed the reset button, my screen didnt show anything (like it normally does, like when its showing the MB logo of the MB). Now I cant boot to windows. My MB doesnt seem to start up. What happened do you think? Hardware failure (my setup is pretty new lol)? How do I fix this? Thanks, IlyaZ

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement