Sign in to follow this  
euclid

How to MAKE liballeg.a ?

euclid    116
Hi, this is my first thread, and I have a problem with make the Allegro lib. At first, My OS is winxp; I can use DJGPP, and set the right evironment variable - "g:\DJGPP\DJGPP.ENV" & PATH - "g:\DJGPP\bin"; 'make.exe, gcc.exe ...' are in 'djgpp/bin/'. But when I run 'make install' or 'make makefile.all' under cmd mode, it has many trouble at "gcc -DALLEGRO_SRC -Wall -Wno-unused -mcpu=pentium -O2 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -I./include -oobj/djgpp/alleg/fli.o -c src/fli.c", "src/fli.c: In function '_fli_parse_chunk':" and "src/fli.c:697: error: invalid lvalue in increment". I think that the function name is too long. Help! If anyone have a COMPILED liballeg.a, please send me via email: euclidwang@163.com | euclidwang@gmail.com GOD bless you~

Richy2k    313
I wouldn't use DJGPP, as its for DOS, and DOS programs don't really like WinXP all that well. Take a look at MinGW, and possibly SDL instead of Allegro, although Allegro has a windows port last time I checked.

PaulCesar    524
Ill second the previous poster, use the windows version of libAlleg if anything else.

EDIT: forgive me for my drunken speak, anyways, yes, there is a windows version of allegro, runs pretty much the same, use straight GCC or MSVC (i believe it even works with 2005 express, which i believe is still free ATM)

[Edited by - PaulCesar on March 18, 2006 5:28:09 AM]