Directx 8.0 is way better than OpenGL

Started by
27 comments, last by rudy 23 years, 2 months ago
Gilde will rule the world!

That''''ll do pig, that''''ll do.
That''ll do pig, that''ll do.
Advertisement
The other day someone asked me when Microsoft was going to port DirectX to Linux? I couldn''t stop laughing! The thing is that I''d actually like to see Linux versions of Internet Explorer and MS FlightSimulator. Netscape is just too buggy! and MSFS is just too fun!
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
Yes, odd how DirectX 8 is almost identical to OpenGL now isn''t it? As for Glide, I don''t know what its future will be. I''ve always liked it the most. Even though I haven''t done any programming with it. It just always seemed to run faster than Direct3D or even OpenGL. (My opinion of D3D has been very low until DX8 came out)

Now lets all pray NVidia starts making 3DFX/NVidia hybred cards. Instead of just scrapping all of their stuff.

L8R Ya''ll

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
>>awigga: Of course you agree with rudy. You're the same person.
You also post under Slayer69 and Styles, <<

yes but what i wanna know is he/she/it really from antigua

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Edited by - zedzeek on January 27, 2001 4:37:13 AM
No way does direct SMACK have anything on opengl. No way. Rudy must be confused. How many times was he dropped on his head when he was young ?
;-)

The Kid

I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
I don''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
It all comes down to how good the programmer is and not the API, I personally prefer an industry standard to a microsoft standard. Microsoft changes thier standards far to often and are slow to get up to industry standard. Besides any company that obsoletes books that i spent good money on (my DirectX7 and WindowsNT networking books), can take their api and stuff it where the sun don''t shine. (like under a pillowor somethin.)

*****confused by earlier errors, bailing out....*****
*****confused by earlier errors, bailing out....*****
Rudy''s profile tells a story....

1. Rudy wanted a computer but didn''t know what..
2. Then he got a PC and tried to learn OpenGL
3. Couldnt learn OpenGL so he bashes it
4. Now he''s trying to learn DirectX8
-*future*-
6. Decides hes going to have to learn how to program
7. Tries to learn C++ with free compiler
8. Bashes free compiler and gets VC++
9. Bashes C++ and learns Basic

To be continued............
10. Bashes basic and asks his mum to code for him
11. Bashes his mum for making a house-wife simulation
12. Goes outside only to be blinded by the horrid bright round thing in the sky
13. Seeks refuge under the shade of his mothers apron

DirectX and OpenGL both have their good and bad points. Ive got many great games on both api''s. Ive even got some that use both.
Hmm, well, when I made my post, I left the thread open so it would be obvious to everyone that he''s just trying to get a rise out of people. Since so many people are taking the flame-bait anyway, I pronounce this thread dead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement