Directx 8.0 is way better than OpenGL

Started by
27 comments, last by rudy 23 years, 2 months ago
Directx 8.0 is way better than OpenGL OpenGL sux it must die
Advertisement
Thanks very much for your valued opinion. I am sure with all your expertise in every 3d api out there, people will finally read your post and switch instantly over to dx. *COUGH*

If OpenGL has to die, im going down with it. *compiles his game*

-- Wav
Uhm, great argument there. Sure changed my opinion. :/
ya, Dx8''s SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good they just released an update to fix it''s bugs. of which is sill probably has bugs.

only microsoft can get away with not doing something right the first time.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
ok, if you look at the profile, you'll see this is one of many annoying useless posts by rudy... i cast my vote for 'close of topic'

-mike

Edited by - thr33d on January 26, 2001 7:07:49 PM
I cast my vote for silencing rudy
All hail the mighty Bill Gates! There is no alternative to Windows! DirectX is the way ahead... No point writing stuff that''ll work on little-known OS''s like Linux/Unix is there, eh?

How familiar with DirectX are you, Rudy? If you look at the changes in the DX API with each new version, it''s starting to look more and more like OpenGL (which, IMHO, is a good thing).

Out of interest, what do you think is so wrong with OGL? (Yep, I''m trying to treat this as a serious post... Not really expecting a coherent answer though).

Al.
oh yeah, and, perhaps i''m assumeing too much, but; I don''t think rudy is qualified to make a call on dx8 OR opengl. His(/her) last started thread was asking about what type of computer to buy... mac or pc, he didn''t have a computer... um,
i see this topic as - annoying, useless, and nonproductive to the furthering of game development.

-mike

(ps. can i vote twice?)
I agree with rudy directx 8 looks really cool and whole lot easier to initialize direct3d than before. Power to you man.
Styles
as you can see rudy is a regular with his total 18posts...

here is NeHe humble opinion....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement