Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foley Book

This topic is 6162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings from Lima-Peru (maybe there is another guy from Lima in GD?) Hi this is my first post I just checked out from the library the book Introduction to Computer Graphics by Foley,Van Dam,Feiner ,et. It''s the first edition, I was considering buying the second edition, I read it fixes misprints and errors of the first ed. Does somebody know if it includes new material? Breno

I would suggest seeing if the library can get a borrow a copy of the 2nd edition from another library so you can compare them directly. Things have changed a great deal since the first edition and the second edition reflects that. There is new material and an overall modernization. An abbreviated list of changes from the preface is: vector orientation is replaced with raster orientation; SGP replaced with SRGP and SPHIGS; User Interfaces; Nurbs; Increased coverage of rengering; advanced raster graphics architectures and algorithms; and a brief introduction to animation.