• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ECKILLER

slow geforce 2 gts - dx8

This topic is 6381 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I get 50 FPS on the skin mesh sample with a 750 athalon + geforce 2 gts. My friend has a K6-2 + TnT2 and he gets 60 FPS. Something is really wrong here. I checked all my settings to make sure everything was set to max performance. Still no increase in speed. Anyone else have this problem with their geforce 2''s?? I have the latest detenator drivers installed. Any ideas? ECKILLER

Advertisement
Same here with my GeForce2Mx on a T-Bird 1ghz.
I get a real shitty result on 3DMark2000. On the standard test I get about 1700-1800, while my friend with a bit lower computer specs get 4000. I really hate it. And Unreal Tournament runs at about 20-40 FPS with the resolution at 1024 x 768 with D3D. But with OpenGL it runs with about 80 FPS avr.

/MindWipe

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."

This may be a silly question, but are you using the latest drivers? Also, is there an AGP-update for your motherboard? (Many motherboards come shipped with abysmal AGP-support).
Lastly, some motherboards made before may last year have some compatibility-"problems" with GeForce2-cards, causing really bad performance.

Neophyte

- Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. -

Guest Anonymous Poster
Do you have a via based motherboard? If so, get the latest 4 in 1 drivers, will increase AGP performance alot.

Also, try using the latest detonator drivers for your geforce.

Get the patches for amd / geforce combination install in windows

read www.geforcefaq.com
for more information

Anonymous Poster> THANKS!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!
I downloaded the 4 in 1 driver and now my 3D card runs allmost three times faster. In 3DMark2000, instead of getting 1700 as result on my 1ghz, GeForce2Mx. I get 4700!!!

Thanks again!!!

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."

www.viahardware.com

or

www.viatech.com

both have the latest 4-in-1 drivers.

btw my Athlon 800 MHZ with Geforce 2 GTS went from a 3dMark score of 530 to 5700. Talk about a jump 8)

Jaster

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!