slow geforce 2 gts - dx8

Started by
6 comments, last by ECKILLER 23 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I get 50 FPS on the skin mesh sample with a 750 athalon + geforce 2 gts. My friend has a K6-2 + TnT2 and he gets 60 FPS. Something is really wrong here. I checked all my settings to make sure everything was set to max performance. Still no increase in speed. Anyone else have this problem with their geforce 2''s?? I have the latest detenator drivers installed. Any ideas? ECKILLER
ECKILLER
Advertisement
Uh, does it take advantage of T&L, that could have somthing to do with it, also the bus speed or somthing

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Same here with my GeForce2Mx on a T-Bird 1ghz.
I get a real shitty result on 3DMark2000. On the standard test I get about 1700-1800, while my friend with a bit lower computer specs get 4000. I really hate it. And Unreal Tournament runs at about 20-40 FPS with the resolution at 1024 x 768 with D3D. But with OpenGL it runs with about 80 FPS avr.

/MindWipe

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
This may be a silly question, but are you using the latest drivers? Also, is there an AGP-update for your motherboard? (Many motherboards come shipped with abysmal AGP-support).
Lastly, some motherboards made before may last year have some compatibility-"problems" with GeForce2-cards, causing really bad performance.

Neophyte

- Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth. -
Do you have a via based motherboard? If so, get the latest 4 in 1 drivers, will increase AGP performance alot.

Also, try using the latest detonator drivers for your geforce.

Get the patches for amd / geforce combination install in windows

read www.geforcefaq.com
for more information
Anonymous Poster> THANKS!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!
I downloaded the 4 in 1 driver and now my 3D card runs allmost three times faster. In 3DMark2000, instead of getting 1700 as result on my 1ghz, GeForce2Mx. I get 4700!!!

Thanks again!!!

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Where did you get the 4 in 1 drivers?

ECKILLER
ECKILLER
www.viahardware.com

or

www.viatech.com

both have the latest 4-in-1 drivers.

btw my Athlon 800 MHZ with Geforce 2 GTS went from a 3dMark score of 530 to 5700. Talk about a jump 8)

Jaster

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement