Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kain

I would get a little bit depressed everytime I looked at it ;)...TURBO!

Don''t! Turbo is the only page I look at EVERY day. It has the most relevant info and links to the Borland game development comunity! I see it as an invaluable source of news and information that me and I am sure others could not do without. Hell, if you started charging a fee I would pay it! So, keep up the good work Michael, it is very appreciated! Kain

Thanks for the compliment, and I''m sure Michael will thank you as well. I consider myself very fortunate for being given the chance to post news on the turbo site.

With the mirror that Michael is setting up at no2games.com, there will hopefully be far fewer interruptions in viewing the site. GameDev.Net has been up and down like a yo-yo over the past few weeks and the turbo site is unfortunately affected by this.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios

Thanks for the kind words -- I didn''t mean to worry our readers The depressing part I mentioned was a significant drop in out users due to the holidays, server issues and the like. (It was something like 2000 visitors per week down to about 350...) But don''t be alarmed, we get so much positive feedback that it would be hard to ever give up posting the Borland game dev news. In fact, any plans I would have for turbo would be of the expansion varity

Steve''s posts sum up my feelings exactly -- getting good, reliable, fast, unlimited, and *free* serving is hard to come by The guys at GameDev.Net do an excellent job with what they have for time and money. So I would never complain.

Long time users will remember our flipCode message boards were down for weeks at a time. I would never have complained to Kurt (Kurt Miller, owner of flipCode) because it to was a free service.

So if you''ll bear with us, I believe we will be providing this service for a long, long time to come.

[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey Michael! you''ve got to let people know about these projects. I didn''t even know about this site until I looked at your home page.

If this were any more fun I''''d die!