issues loading a new map after reaching a point where it is supposed to change-SOLVED

Started by
7 comments, last by Mishki 18 years ago
Hi i am having issues with loading a new map after reaching a point where it is supposed to change. I am using Visual Basic and I am using a book called Game Programing For Teens by Jonathan S. Harbour. so if anyone has seen this book or can help i would greatly appriciate it because its the last peice of code i need to figure out to make my game. I have it set up so that when you move your character into a Sprite that looks like a building it takes you into a city. I can get my character to Stop when he touches the sprite though. Oh also im using mappy. and if u need to see my code let me know (its really sloppy though) [Edited by - Mishki on April 18, 2006 9:41:58 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Mishki
Hi i am having issues with loading a new map after reaching a point where it is supposed to change.
What exactly is the problem? Does the map not load all the way, or does it not even start to load? Post the code where you've "reached the point where it is supposed to change" if you will. Thanks.
ok well i made a website and it is supposed to allow you to download a folder containing the program and files so you can get the best idea of what my problem is... the site is www.geocities.com/mishki221 i hope it works.
The download you provided only includes a character editor. Need to have the actual game executable to see your problem...
oh sorry i need to work on that.

ok ive loaded it myself from another computer and it contains all the stuff for the game im not sure why u cant see it maybe its because it was made in Microsoft Visiual Basic 6.0

sorry for all the problems with helping me its my first time doing this :).
Yeah it crashes when you try to go into the house...
yeah..... its supposed to load the Grass30X30.mar for the map and the Grass30X30.bmp for the tiles of the map there and cant figure out how to do that....

P.S. thanks for trying to help me.
Ok well while i was on springbreak in Oaxaca i came up with an idea to get my program to work.. but it will take alot of work so im gonna start working on this idea but if anyone sees a problem with it can you let me know so i dont spend what i think will be hours working on it and have it not work. so here it is... i plan on for the map i have that loads up which is called southern pininsula after every variable, moduel, function, sub, and everything that applies to it type <the thing>_Southern_Pininsula so i can then take all that data and copy it and on the copy change _Southern_Pininsula to _Syriana. so let me know what u think of that.

P.S. Syriana is the city i am trying to have load up.

P.P.S. oh is there a way for me to add a folder (in Visiual Basic) to put all the forms and moduels for the Southern Pininsula map and the Syriana map into to keep the neat and organized.

------ Thanks

Mishki
ok, completely ignore my last poast. im an idiot. turns out it was loading the bitmap properly so the code was fine but the bitmap was messed up. problem solved thx for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement