• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Agwan

Axial billboards (axis aligned)

This topic is 4501 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello my name is daniel and I am currently writing a game and wish to use lasers, object trails and shadows (in that order). If any of those could be explained that would be realy helpful. But at the moment what I realy want to do is the billboards. Here's the problem... I need to have a billboard that can be rotated around and axis (like one defines from a vector eg: (12,2,23) Yes it would be normalized) a length and start base(start) position would also need to be used. The end relut I want is to specify two positions, a width and the camera position so it can be adusted to face the camera. Does anyone know how I could do this?

Advertisement
Have a look a the Lighthouse tutorials and see if the billboarding and shadow ones help. You could also get some hits by searching GDNet for those keywords. I would imagine there have been plenty of threads on these topics and the merits/demerits of the various approaches.

No it doesn't realy help, it only seems to over the Y axis I want a custom axis and I think I forgot to mention I'm using .net vb and C# with directX9c

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!