Axial billboards (axis aligned)

Started by
1 comment, last by Agwan 18 years ago
Hello my name is daniel and I am currently writing a game and wish to use lasers, object trails and shadows (in that order). If any of those could be explained that would be realy helpful. But at the moment what I realy want to do is the billboards. Here's the problem... I need to have a billboard that can be rotated around and axis (like one defines from a vector eg: (12,2,23) Yes it would be normalized) a length and start base(start) position would also need to be used. The end relut I want is to specify two positions, a width and the camera position so it can be adusted to face the camera. Does anyone know how I could do this?
Advertisement
Have a look a the Lighthouse tutorials and see if the billboarding and shadow ones help. You could also get some hits by searching GDNet for those keywords. I would imagine there have been plenty of threads on these topics and the merits/demerits of the various approaches.
No it doesn't realy help, it only seems to over the Y axis I want a custom axis and I think I forgot to mention I'm using .net vb and C# with directX9c

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement