A* Pathfinding for Beginners (- Article on this site)

Started by
4 comments, last by Kylotan 18 years ago
I would love to use this code but theres one problem: When trying to run the code, the compiler dont regognise among other things this: "lpdirectdrawsurface7" It does find ddraw.h, but all my dx-files are from the package dxsdk_feb2005.zip. Could there be a compatible problem or did i forget to include something? This package is newer then the dx7 package suggested by the author. Does this code only work with win9.x as the suggested package looks like this: http://download.microsoft.com/download/win98SE/SDK/7.0/W9X/EN-US/dx7sdk-700.1.exe Thanks a lot for any clearification. This is roundabout the only clear a* ive found.
Advertisement
DirectDraw was depricated in dx8 AFAIK.
But there still should be backward compatibility.
Which compiler do you use?
Maybe you forgot to link to the libs.
What is the exact error?
the error is the same as if you just write a variable that doesnt exist, but it doesnt complain about not finding ddraw.h so thats not the problem. And the libs and includes are selected in the "folders" tab.

I use vc++6.0

Thanks
I don't think you have set it up to find your software development kit. In your code, where it says "ddraw.h", right-click on it and choose to open the file. Look at which directory it's in - is that the one you've installed, or one that came with the compiler?
Doesnt work.

I just use some code i found that needs no directX. The nice and straightforward "micropather"

E
I'm not sure how it doesn't work because Visual C++ 6 definitely allows you to open files in the way I described. Either way, I think you don't have your DirectX SDK set up properly in your compiler.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement