GameVision SDK 4

Started by
10 comments, last by Pyrogine 17 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to GameVision SDK 4, a 2D rendering API for PC's running Microsoft Windows. This release is aimed specifically at Direct3D with 3D hardware. The GameVision SDK is feature complete and can easily create any type of 2D game with D3D for rendering. GV was designed to be easy to use, robust and feature rich and should be easy to use in your projects. [RELEASE] Beta 1 [FEATURES] * Uses Direct3D 9 for fast 2D rendering * Pure API core using the stdcall convention * 32 bit surfaces & textures * Free scaling, rotation, alpha blending and other special effects * Windowed and fullscreen modes * Frame based timing support * INI file configuration support * Unified Streaming system (memory, file, zip archive) * Can render to default application window or to a specified window handle * Advanced render target and swap chain support * Textured fonts (includes a font editor tool) * Graphics primitives (lines, circles, rects, points) * Advanced polygon rendering (scale, rotate, control line segment visibility) * Support for rendering large images (640x480, 800x600 for example) * Advanced sprite management * Polypoint collision system for fast percise collision detection * Mouse and keyboard input management * Unified audio system with support for WAV|MP3|MID|OGG|MOD|IT|S3M|XM streaming music and WAV samples * Comprehensive math routines (vectors, angles, line interection, clipping) * Logfile support * Can be used with any language that supports standard win32 DLLs * Ships with Delphi & C/C++ language bindings * Robust and feature rich [SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS] * Pentium class CPU, 366Mhz * At least 64MB of RAM * 20MB of free Hard Drive space * Microsoft Windows 9x, 2000, ME, XP (NT is not supported ) * Any language that supports DLL loading, such as Delphi and VC6 * DirectX 9c summer runtime * Direct3D compliant 3D video card that can do 3D in a window * DirectSound compliant audio card (optional) [INSTALLATION] * Add gvsdk4/bin to your windows system path * Add gvsdk4/bindings to your compiler's search path * For Delphi add GameVision to your projects 'uses' section * For C/C++ add GameVision.h & GameVision.c to your project * See the docs and examples for more information on how to use GVSDK [HISTORY] * First public release. [KNOWN ISSUES] * Docs currently work-in-progress * C/C++ Bindings not fully tested * No C/C++ examples yet [DOWNLOAD] Visit SoftBeat for more information and downloading. [Edited by - SoftBeat on April 27, 2006 12:04:48 PM]

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
"It's a beautiful thing to have power,
choice and options."

Advertisement
Hmm, looks like I've finally found an engine that can be used with plain C. Cool, I'll check it out.

:)
I ask for help and you give me a book? I hate book. Book is stupid.Also known as Yellow at the Dark Basic forums.
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in GameVision.

In theory it should be able to work with most c/c++ compilers unmodified. It is being tested with VS2005 however. If anyone encounters a c/c++ compiler that will not compile the GameVision.h/GameVision.c file or any problems/suggestions/feedback, please let us know.

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

choice and options."

I've added basic networking to gvsdk4 and in need of some feedback for it. I've implemented a simple netchat app. If you have a free moment, maybe you could give me some feedback so that I can make sure all is well. More information is here:

NetChat

More info about the new features that will be in the upcoming beta 2 is here:

Blog

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

choice and options."

Added rigid body physics.

Physics Test Demo

[Edited by - SoftBeat on May 10, 2006 6:05:19 AM]

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

choice and options."

Looks very nice!!!
Thanks.

I hope to release the next build soon. I have to get the physics and networking sorted out first.

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

choice and options."

The engine looks really nice. Any chance you can remove the maximum bodies value for the physics test? I want to see what I can throw at this engine on my PC.
NickGravelyn:

Thanks. Let me finish up some changes in the physics implementation and repost a new demo which will give a better representation of what it can handle. The current demo has some issues that I'm sorting out right now. I hope to get a new demo posted this weekend. If you register at the site then I can add you to the private beta list and you will have access to the very latest builds, tuts and demos.

Thanks for your interest in GameVision SDK.

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

choice and options."

Here is an improved physics test. You can pile up 150 objects and use the mouse to kick them around.

Clicky

[Edited by - SoftBeat on May 10, 2006 6:55:19 AM]

Jarrod Davis
Technical Director

choice and options."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement