Base_2, PC shoot/chain-em-up released.

Started by
13 comments, last by SimSimSan 18 years ago
My first game is ready for release. It's a PC game, mouse controlled, featuring 64 levels of challenging gameplay, designed to test your skill and reflexes. It's a mix of old and new playstyles which I hope you'll enjoy. A manual is included in the release package, so be sure to read it, as the scoring method may not be quite what you're used to, unless you're a diehard shmup fan! Screens are available on gamedev here You can download it here Cheers.
Advertisement
Won't work for me :(

25/03/2006 20:02:51 - (: ) Starting up25/03/2006 20:02:51 - (: ) In full-screen mode25/03/2006 20:02:51 - (: ) Hardware Transform and lighting supported25/03/2006 20:03:45 - (: ) Primary buffers 125/03/2006 20:03:45 - (: ) Max 3D Sound buffers 6425/03/2006 20:02:53 - (frmMain: Sounds) Error Loading Sound Files

I'm on XP SP2, GeForce FX5200, SoundBlaster LIVE!
Try your onboard sound if you have any. I had one issue during beta with someone who had the same SB card. His onboard sound worked fine so he re-installed his SB drivers and everything worked.

Cheers.
Fantastic first game. I'm not exactly an arcade games buff, but this one kept me going until the last level. Very crisp gameplay mechanics and rewarding sounds. It did get a little hard to see what was going on on the later levels, but I'm sure that would be easier to discern from experience.

I really enjoyed the analog component to it... rather than many games where you can just go up/down/left/right, it gives you full control over movement to use the mouse. Great work!
It really plays very well. Great effects and sounds and lots of juicy particles.

You really made all the sounds and music? What programs did you use?
I think that's pretty awesome.
Thanks for the early comments. Hopefully the lack of issues posted here is a good thing!

The track was created using Rebirth, slicing multiple loops after a bit of freeplay (it's a tricky thing a 303), to generate the final track. Freaknoise was used for the samples along with a few sample editors to post process and add effects.

Cheers.
WOW!!

Awesome first game. I will be keeping this game on here for a while now. that is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Chad.
No issues? Good. A little bump for publicity.
The design is outstanding. It looks better than most of the 'pro' game interfaces I play.
It's a very nice, polished game.

But I find it very difficult. I can't get past level 10, and getting relinks on most levels is incredibly difficult (the enemies move too fast and the time is kind of rushed).

Is there an easier difficulty level (besides "normal.")?

Other than that, it's great.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement