• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Prodigal Squirrel

Installing Boost.python

This topic is 4497 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been trying to install The Boost C++ libraries on and off for two days now with no luck. This is my first time trying something like this, so I don't quite know what I'm doing. Anyhow. I have boost, and a pre-built version of boost jam. I extract boost to my C drive, then extract the boost jam executable in the boost directory. I want to set it up for integration with python (I'm using python 2.4, installed at C:\Python24) and I"m using Dev C++ in Win Xp, so in my command line I execute the command: bjam "-sTOOLS=mingw" install --with-python-root=C:\Python24. And it begins running. However, when it finishes, here are the results: ...failed updating 1412 targets... ...skipped 458 targets... ...updated 3781 targets... This doesn't seem right to me. Also, I loosely noticed (the text was moving across the console pretty fast) that the ones that are failing are failing due to something wtih gcc. I believe it was saying that gcc was not recognized as an operable program or batch file. I've tried about 4 tutorials online, and come out empty handed each time. Would anyone care to help me through this. I'm not even sure if I should be using mingw with Dev C++. I'm just altogether clueless at the moment. Thanks.

Advertisement
Can you type gcc (or is it g++) on the command line to invoke the compiler? Sounds like maybe g++ simply isn't in your path.

Nope, I sure can't.

...*several minutes later*

Now I can. I'm still getting errors, however, and here is what they look like:

"...failed vc-C++ bin\boost\libs\wave\build\libboost_wave.lib\vc-7_1\release\rtti
-off\threading-multi\instantiate_re2c_lexer_str.obj...
vc-C++ bin\boost\libs\wave\build\libboost_wave.lib\vc-7_1\release\rtti-off\threa
ding-multi\aq.obj
The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified."

From what I can tell, it's trying to use Visual Studio, and I don't know why it owuld do that. Perhaps it's a default to some paramater that I need to define myself in installation command?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!