• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HarryYan

Unity Great potential of Game for education

This topic is 4500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How great if applying game to instruction!! There is a kind of game: Students can improve their knowledge or abilities by playing games. After reading an article like "Games on Education". I think games can create an virtual environment for learner to immerse in as a role player. During the process in the problem solving embeded in the game, learners can efficiently acquire the desirable knowledge or abilities. So, specifically or for example, second language learning would surely take advantage of the game. Second language learning is better off if learners are provided an environment to learn: speaking, listening, writing, communication, and even problem solving in this virtual community. Is it not a good idea? Yes, I think it's a good idea. How do you think?

Advertisement
I think the Serious Games movement is almost entirely about educational games, or at least those that express opinions.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by HarryYan
Does anybody have experience in educational game design? I think it's a big market.

For example, there was a french game where you could program little robots to solve various tasks. The program editor was built into the game. There was a game version and an educational version. (one with a storyline and one with numbered problems and proper educational text) You could only move the robots with programs and they were able to cooperate. Back then I tested various fuzzy logic based programs with the game. The programming language was a managed c++ like language with default data types adapted to the game.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!