Sign in to follow this  
Morpheoz

Any Revolution ideas/concepts?

Morpheoz    115
I've noticed not too many people seem to be designing games that could work with Nintendo Revolution. I thought the controller was a game developers dream. I might as well post my control scheme for a Revolution version of an MGS game. It's nothing that will blow you away, but I want to hear your ideas for games using the Revolution controller. 1.Move with analog stick 2. Z1 brings up your weapons menu 3. Z2 brings up your items menu 4. press A to switch first person 5. with weapon equipped shoot with B trigger 6. With the pointer: Reach out your arm and hold B to grab guards. Then execute CQC moves as if you were actually doing them! 7. With the pointer: Aim weapons in 1st/3rd person. (aiming guns in 3rd person could actually work well for once) 8. Snake usually has alot of equipment so you could set items and weapons you use alot to the d-pad [Edited by - Morpheoz on March 25, 2006 8:29:30 PM]

Alpha_ProgDes    6921
Quote:
Original post by jonahrowley
One word: lightsaber. Of course, Nintendo would need to account for the broken lamp factor in Revolution's price.

That's a good question as cool as the idea of the controller is, it's practicality is up in the air. The obvious choice is sword/lightsaber use. Playing FPSes, racing, and just normal platformers will interesting. Granted the nunchaku will help greatly with movement.

Maybe just using the controller for weapons aim and use, is the Rev's controller's only use. No?

Coz    169
The controller allows a great diversity of movements and easy creation complex paths like the DS stylus, so the same concepts used with the DS' touchscreen can be applied to the Revolution's controller, even thought the stylus is easier to learn than the wireless controller, and that the controller allows 3D shapes and it's not only your wrist that is used.

Remember all those crazy VR concepts people had back in the day, like manipulating a pulsing Rubik's Cube in 3D or assembling a house of cards? None of that stuff is really possible, because the controls just won't allow it. Psi Ops and Second Sight both have really cool telekinetic powers in them, but they're ultimately unsatifsying because you can't really manipuate things in 3d with the controller. Either you're stuck in a plane relative to your character, or a plane parallel to the ground.

WIth the Rev's controller, simple manifulation of objects would be made far easier and more intuitive. You could make a flight game that, rather than feeling like flying an airlplane with a flightstick, feels like holding your hand out the window of a moving car.

It bring in-game motion to a more human level, and I think that with a little imagination some truly... umm... paradigm-challenging things could be done with it.