Mega Man Effect

Started by
13 comments, last by Stompy9999 18 years ago
http://www.virtualconstructs.com/downloads/megamaneffect.shtml The Mega Man Effect waits for you to run programs, and then gives them an intro just like bosses got from Mega Man 2. Someone had written it for Mac OSX, so I wrote a version for Windows. I'd been playing around with Irrlicht for games anyway, so this was a fun little app to write. Let me know how well it works for you.
Advertisement
Haha! That's great, I love it [grin] No problems with it at all, good work!
Dude, this is probably THE perfect program. Works great!
I receive this error when I try to run any other program after installing this:

---------------------------
oh noes!
Could not create image from file: C:\DOCUME~1\CODEMA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\4524-1947724125.bmp
OK
"Everything begins with Nu and everything ends with Nu. This is the truth! This is my belief... at least for now." - Mysteries of Life Volume 184 Chapter 26
Quote:Original post by codemastermm
I receive this error when I try to run any other program after installing this:

oh noes!
Could not create image from file: C:\DOCUME~1\CODEMA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\4524-1947724125.bmp
OK

That error happens when the Irrlicht image loader fails to load the bitmap of the new program about to run. I noticed I was using a pretty old version of Irrlicht, so I updated it and posted a new installer. Would you mind telling me your OS and resolution/bit depth?
I'm using Windows XP Pro on 1280 x 1024 at 16 bit color depth.

Also, I redownloaded it just now and I receive the same error.
"Everything begins with Nu and everything ends with Nu. This is the truth! This is my belief... at least for now." - Mysteries of Life Volume 184 Chapter 26
Quote:Original post by codemastermm
I'm using Windows XP Pro on 1280 x 1024 at 16 bit color depth.

Also, I redownloaded it just now and I receive the same error.

Wierd, its the 16 bit thing, I set my bit depth to 16 bit and get the same problem. When I extract the icon from the program, I'm just using GDI to save off a screen compatible bitmap. It seems Irrlicht doesn't like 16 bit bitmaps?!
LOL! This is great! I feel so important while using my computer now. I'll never turn this off. Definatly the funniest program Ive ever encountered.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
Thanks for the good feedback everyone! I think I've fixed the screen resolution issue too. If you had problems before, make sure you get a new installer instead of a cached version.
Definitely installing this on all the machines at work.

I hope I never get tired of it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement