• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huck

Multiple Material DrawIndexedPrimitive problem...

This topic is 6378 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! i got a little problem with indexed primitives and multiple materials DrawIndexedPrimitive(), here it goes: i use a two streamsource vertex shader wich works very well. but when i have multiple materials on a mesh, i use DrawIndexedPrimitive() on each different material to render the affected faces. when i set the index buffer, my first call to DIndexPrimitive() works well, but the second call fails with the "Invalid index in the index stream: 148" error code. how can i get it to work? here''s my code: for(DWORD countRD = 0;countRD < NumMaterials;countRD++) { m_pd3dDevice->SetIndices( m_MeshIB,0); m_pd3dDevice->SetMaterial( &m_pMaterials[countRD] ); m_pd3dDevice->SetTexture( 0, m_pTextures[countRD] ); m_pd3dDevice->DrawIndexedPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST,0, VertexCount[countRD ],VertexStart[countRD ],FaceCount [countRD ] ); } thanx for your support! C++ is the way to be... -GOD

Advertisement
Just curious, but why set the indecies for X number of materials. If they are the same, no sense wasting a device state set call.

Just curious, but why set the indecies for X number of materials. If they are the same, no sense wasting a device state set call.

"Five passengers set sail that day, for a three hour tour, a three hour tour...."

well, in the SetIndices() function, should i use
" BaseVertexIndex" property or the "MinIndex" in DrawIndexedPrimitive() to solve my problem.

say i have a mesh with 1000 vertex and 2 materials with...
Mat1 -> Vertex 0 to 300
Mat2 -> Vertex 301 to 1000

My first call to : DrawIndexedPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST,0,300,0,x) succeeds, but the second one (
DrawIndexedPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST,0,700,301,x) fails...

whats wrong with my index buffer?

C++ is the way to be...
-GOD

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!