Your ideas for a stratigic shooter (ie. counter strike, Halo) persistnet world

Started by
5 comments, last by Machuse 23 years, 2 months ago
The Title is self explanatory what are your ideasw, what would you like to see in this game. What are some features ou havent seen in other shooters that you would love to see in a game. The basis for the design is halo but with thousands of people playing. They will have armadas and recruit others to fight a cause whether its iliminating an alien race or performing tasks for the games non player charector authority assosiation or undermine the authority with rebel armadas which can well you make up the rest.
Advertisement
Hate to deviate, but the NUMBER ONE thing I hate about CS is such...
When you are hit by enemy fire, it doesn''t matter from what angle or where, you are PULLED against the bullet''s flight path(read:Towards the shooter). Now, as I understand, getting hit with a burst or 7.56NATO rounds in the chest, is not going to PULL you towards anything, its going to throw you like a cannon with the shots....
In other words, make the physics accurate, and If you don''t I''m going to find you, with a blackmarket m4a1 and SHOW you how real physics work.....

(This was written under the duress of a recent bad 30 minutes of CS... -Ed)

-Ryan "Run_The_Shadows"
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com
"Doubt Everything. Find your own light." -Dying words of Gautama
I had an interesting idea. Have one team the convoy and the others the ambushers. There would be no long range weapons and the people on the convoy get to use the big guns in the backs of the jeeps or on the tanks to defend themselves. There would be something like a 45 second respon time so the only way for the ambushers to win would be to kill everyone and fast.

My other idea was to have one team on a convoy of vehicles and the other team looking for them (in a huge level of course). The convoy team would have to stop, set up and defend thier big missle truck for a certain amount of time. If the other team doesn''t stop them from setting up the missle truck in time the missle blows up the other teams main headquarters and respon area (and the convoy team wins). If the other team can stop the convoy team in time then they win (but first they would have to find them without radar).

How is that?

Never cross the thin line between bravery and stupidity.
Run, being pulled towards the path of the bullet isn''t necessarily unrealistic. If the bullet impacts a body, and exits at the other side, the combined force of bullet, tissue, bone, blood, etc. exiting out the other side can cause a victim to move forward.
There is a nice report produced by the USA''s FBI about the effects of handgun wounds which we have used quite extensively in the design of our game. Ive lost the URL but you should be able to find it on most gun-nut sites.

The main points are that unless a person is shot in the head or upper spine then they wont be incapacitated instantly. In fact it states that a person shot in the heart is still capable of fighting on for 15 - 20 seconds before expiring.

Also the idea of people being thrown backwards when shot is a myth (physics prevents it), people will either remain standing or fall down when shot (furthermore people will not fall because of the pain but rather bizzarely because they have been conditioned to think that people fall down when shot by movies).

Impaler - AI / Game Logic programmer
ZZICT Entertainment - www.zzict.com
So are there any comments on my ideas?

Never cross the thin line between bravery and stupidity.
The PBS show Nova did a examination of the assassination of JFK. They conducted experiments to explain why his head would move backward if shot from behind, supposedly. They found that the force of exit wound exploding from the front of his skull could have caused his head and body to snap backward, as the Zapruder film shows, thus moving towards the shot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement