Question about the best AI method

Started by
1 comment, last by Flarelocke 18 years ago
I am trying to figure out the best AI method to cast a firewall spell on some monsters for a game. I will try to describe my problem. Firewall consists of three separate pillars, and is always casted horizontal relevant to your location, the coords you target is where the center pillar appears. IMo it's easiest to just cast one space to your side for my purposes. How firewall casts .ooo.... ........ ..x..... ........ ........ ......O ..x...o ......O ....... .O..... ..O.... .X.O... ....... Monster movement examples ........ .......O ......O. ...OOO.. ..x..... ........ .....o.. ....O... ...O.... ...O.... ..x..... ........ O....... .O...... ..O..... ..O..... ...x.... ........ ..O..... ..O..... ..O..... ..O..... ..x..... ........ ?/p> vwall examples /either would work ......M ....... ....X.. ...PX.. ....X.. ...Y... ....... ......M ....... ..xxx.. .Y.P... ....... ....... P = player M = monster Y = move position after casting X = Firewall So long as all 3 pillars end up in the monsters path after you move, itll work Any AI mathematics expert here can tell me the best algorithm to solve my problem? Much appreciated
Advertisement
Could you describe the problem with words please, your diagrams aren't very articulate. 8(

Thanks,

Timkin
It seems to me that he's making robots, but instead of crashing them into each other, he wants to crash them into a three-tile wall of fire created perpendicular to the line from player to the center pillar. The point where the center pillar is created is designated by the player during casting.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement