Games tutorials from start to finish!

Started by
27 comments, last by Gameteen 17 years, 12 months ago
falloutsoftware
planet source code

[Edited by - simon10k on March 30, 2006 2:43:28 PM]
-----------------------------Language: C++API: Win32, DirectXCompiler: VC++ 2003
Advertisement
Space Invaders game in Java

Rob, forgive me. I can't believe I didn't post a link to your excellent asteroids source code!

And, although it's a little off topic, I must advertise your awesome DevC++ devpaks.

While Lazy Foo has some awsome tuts, they unfortunately don't teach a complete game.

Still, check out these sites. These guys are awsome!
Disclaimer: The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any sane person, and may in fact, contradict such views. Deal with it. ;)

Well, due to a misunderstanding, I have been gone for three days, and apparently, had my name dragged through the mud during my abscence. Anyway, I survived the torture and came back stronger, despite my adversaries best efforts. Now for revenge! mhuahahahaha!

More links before I conquer the world!(Yes, I am deluded):

free web hosting for your tuts,clans, devteam, etc.

Apparently, this will help your problem soving skills and programming

Lots of programming and logic, problem solving, abstraction

I do have a mind to delete this whole thread, because it's seems to be reeeeeeeeeaaaaal dead.

Hey, that rhymes!

Disclaimer: The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any sane person, and may in fact, contradict such views.
Disclaimer: The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any sane person, and may in fact, contradict such views. Deal with it. ;)

Hi all, yet again, I am back on my quest for complete game programming tutorials(They hide behind the trees, the little sneaks).

However, I realize I have completely overlooked text game programming(the funny little console programs where your character is an @, and they actually have a good story because they can't hide behind pretty graphics).

These games are great when you start programming, because they let you apply the concepts you learn with out worrying about overcomplication on the graphics end(and deep down inside, they're just tiled graphics).

So, the next part of my quest is complete text games. These can be as simple as tic tac toe, chess,and hangman, or as complicated as Zork clones and text RPGs.

Again, thx in advance, and I can't wait for your links. I will still accept graphics links too.
Try these:

There is an introductory webcast series on making a 2-d game, followed by a second-level series on making a 3-d game. It takes 20 hours of webcast + your own dev time, but it's worth it for free. Microsoft/Digipen collaborated on this project.

Microsoft/Digipen Game Development Webcast

Thx Rabid! This is awesome.

Gametutorials.com has some text game tuts, but they charge for them.

More to come!
http://www.reflectedgames.com/create.html
A complete RPG game in 8 articles.
-------------------------Oncer

Oncer, this is nice!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement