• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

encom

16bits textures !!!!!

This topic is 6324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

1/ why when I load a TGA 24bpp, OpenGL display it in 16bpp ? 2/ why when I use gl_linear to display tex, i cant display tex with width and heigt more than 256x256 ??? (unlike when I use gl_mipmap !)

Advertisement
1/ many reasons (perhaps your esktop is setto 16bit) colour check the internal formats demo on my site
2/ gluBuildMipmaps scales your textures to powers of 2 (prolly scales the largest to 256x256) do u have a voodoo1,2,3 by any chance

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

1/ my desk is 32bpp
2/ i have a woodoo 3

and then, what can i do for the 1/ and 2/ for resolve it ?

The voodoo 3 does not support a color mode higher than 16-bit. It also does not support textures larger than 256x256. So there is nothing you can do about it besides buying a different card.

*** Triality ***

Your games appear to look like 32bpp because the Voodoo3 dithers colours up to like 24bpp or so... I used to have a Voodoo3 long ago, and the same thing frustrated me. Buy an nVidia GeForce class card, and then you''ll be set to go. =)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!