Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jchmack

my game works only on computers with visual studio 2005

This topic is 4500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Im using VC8 and im trying to distribute my game. When i give it to them though i get this error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. It only works on computers with visual studio 2005. what do i do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
when you compile your program make sure you have it set to release and not debug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ok i added the dll's in my directory like it said:

* C:\Test\game3.exe
* C:\Test\MSVCR80.dll
* C:\Test\MSVCP80.dll
* C:\Test\MSVCM80.dll
* C:\Test\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.Manifest

but i still get the same error...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i read an article saying that i should run this:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86

but i still get the same error.

I just run that on the target computer and then my app should work right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by jchmack
i read an article saying that i should run this:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86

but i still get the same error.

I just run that on the target computer and then my app should work right?


If you have built under the release configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simple way to fix this should be to:

load up your project settings, and go to C/C++ -> Code Generation
Next change runtime library from Multi-threaded DLL to Multi-threaded and rebuild. That should sove your problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by Sam Gamgee
Simple way to fix this should be to:

load up your project settings, and go to C/C++ -> Code Generation
Next change runtime library from Multi-threaded DLL to Multi-threaded and rebuild. That should sove your problem


well i tried this and i get a bunch of link errors:

edit i took them out because they took too much space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!