my game works only on computers with visual studio 2005

Started by
15 comments, last by jchmack 18 years ago
Quote:Original post by vNistelrooy
Quote:Original post by jchmack
i read an article saying that i should run this:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86

but i still get the same error.

I just run that on the target computer and then my app should work right?

If you have built under the release configuration.

how do i build unde release config
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Sam Gamgee
Simple way to fix this should be to:

load up your project settings, and go to C/C++ -> Code Generation
Next change runtime library from Multi-threaded DLL to Multi-threaded and rebuild. That should sove your problem

static linking usually does the trick, but static linking isn't an option when using certain libraries such as sdl. here is the solution i use. it lets you create your own runtime installer to distribute with your app.

edit: this is for vc express. i think all of the other versions com with the runtimes installer.
This space for rent.
Quote:Original post by gumpy macdrunken
Quote:Original post by Sam Gamgee
Simple way to fix this should be to:

load up your project settings, and go to C/C++ -> Code Generation
Next change runtime library from Multi-threaded DLL to Multi-threaded and rebuild. That should sove your problem

static linking usually does the trick, but static linking isn't an option when using certain libraries such as sdl. here is the solution i use. it lets you create your own runtime installer to distribute with your app.

edit: this is for vc express. i think all of the other versions com with the runtimes installer.

ya i have the full version and im trying to use the built in merge modules

im trying to create a setup and deployment project to create an install for my app

it creates the msi/exe files fine BUT:

when i run them i get this error:

"the folder path 'julius/ryan abella' contains an invalid character

this is the licensed to information that can be found in

help-> about microsoft visual studio

in the top right.

how can i change this info to be so that it doesnt complain about the '/' which is what i think is causing the problem
lol.... no ideas guys?
ok ive tried everything:

i have renamed every key in the registry that contained the bad name
i have rebuilt the .msi and setup files

and i still get the same error

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
If you can't get the runtime installer working use the gumpy macdrunken solution. It should solve your problem. I have the Express version and I use a runtime installer made after those instructions.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

omg i got passed the invalid character thing. even though i had changed the string in registry it saved it somewhere in the project so i had to make a new one from scratch. But now im getting this error:

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18785

sorry bout the cross forum post but i think the problem may have more to do with ogre3d than anything else.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement