Sign in to follow this  

changing licensing info

This topic is 4280 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im trying to create a setup and deployment project to create an install for my app it creates the msi/exe files fine BUT: when i run them i get this error: "the folder path 'julius/ryan abella' contains an invalid character this is the licensed to information that can be found in help-> about microsoft visual studio in the top right. how can i change this info to be so that it doesnt complain about the '/' which is what i think is causing the problem

The path separator in Windows is '\', not '/'. Try changing the path separator in your string and see if it works. If you need to escape it (because \ is often used as the escape char in C-lie strings) try to use \\ instead of \.

HTH,

i got it working i had to change the string in the registry and start a new project without the invalid character. but now im getting this error:

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18785

sorry bout the cross post but i think the problem has more to do with ogre3d so i posted in their forums.

This topic is 4280 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.