Sleep() function?

Started by
6 comments, last by Fruny 18 years ago
I'm trying to use the Sleep() function in c++, but can't seem to find the correct header file. Anybody know what its called? Thanks ahead of time
Advertisement
Hey bud,

The header for this is windows.h.

Hope that helps,

Dave

thanks. I kinda feel stupid now. :)
sleep() is in <unistd.h>, but might also be found in <cstdlib>, possibly renamed _sleep() on Win32 platforms.

Sleep() is likely to be in <windows.h>
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Has extra functionality been added to cstdlib over stdlib.h. I looked in K & R and there was no mention of the sleep function being in stdlib.h.

Dave
i tried stdlib and unistd with the captial Sleep() but didn't try either with the lowercase sleep()
Actually, Sleep is declared in the WinBase header, though you should include the Windows header.
Quote:Original post by Dave
I looked in K & R and there was no mention of the sleep function being in stdlib.h.

AFAIK, sleep() is POSIX, though not ISO. Its proper resting place is unistd.h, but Windows platform, although they claim some level of POSIX compliance, do not have that header.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement