Sign in to follow this  

anyone use xsi?

This topic is 4277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

No, but its actually pretty popular in high-end game studios (such as Valve, and IIRC Konami/MGS4). From what I've read, its also pretty popular for animation in Japan (the version before XSI, at least).

I use XSI and personally love it. Though when I started the interface was pretty...scary...once I learned it I found it much better and easier than Max.

I used the 1911 Colt tuts here (http://halflife2.filefront.com/files/Half-Life_2/Tutorials_and_Guides/VTMs;4385)to learn the interface. All together it runs about 5 hours...though I had a really good handle on things less than half way through.

It is focused on beginner modelers, but still usefull for pros trying to get a handle on the interface.

I use both, primarily Maya though. I can't stand Max's interface.
All the major modelling packages are similar enough, its just getting used to them and what suits your workflow best. Some are better for some thing (Bipeds in max), or worse for some things (lighting in Maya), but you can get the same results with any package really.

maya seems nice but i have to disagree with you on 3ds max. which version? I use 7 and helps is all over the net. so its really nicer to us newbies

[Edited by - owiley on April 3, 2006 12:36:19 AM]

This topic is 4277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.