anyone use xsi?

Started by
6 comments, last by owiley 18 years ago
anyone use xsi? Edit: gave a title to the thread. [Edited by - Fruny on March 27, 2006 12:40:52 PM]
Bring more Pain
Advertisement
No, but its actually pretty popular in high-end game studios (such as Valve, and IIRC Konami/MGS4). From what I've read, its also pretty popular for animation in Japan (the version before XSI, at least).
-------------www.robg3d.com
I've tried the demo, but the interface really bugs me.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Yeah, i prefer 3ds max, its interface just seems more natural to me, its also used in bigtime games like prince of persia and splinter cell games.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
thx everyone

I also use 3ds max but I am trying to work with xsi also it seems to have little help in comparision to 3ds max and maya

anyone uses maya?
Bring more Pain
I use XSI and personally love it. Though when I started the interface was pretty...scary...once I learned it I found it much better and easier than Max.

I used the 1911 Colt tuts here (http://halflife2.filefront.com/files/Half-Life_2/Tutorials_and_Guides/VTMs;4385)to learn the interface. All together it runs about 5 hours...though I had a really good handle on things less than half way through.

It is focused on beginner modelers, but still usefull for pros trying to get a handle on the interface.
I use both, primarily Maya though. I can't stand Max's interface.
All the major modelling packages are similar enough, its just getting used to them and what suits your workflow best. Some are better for some thing (Bipeds in max), or worse for some things (lighting in Maya), but you can get the same results with any package really.
-------------www.robg3d.com
maya seems nice but i have to disagree with you on 3ds max. which version? I use 7 and helps is all over the net. so its really nicer to us newbies

[Edited by - owiley on April 3, 2006 12:36:19 AM]
Bring more Pain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement