Our 1st game...

Started by
8 comments, last by Paranoy2k 23 years, 2 months ago
First of all, I would like to apologize for the quality of my english... Me and 2 others friends has finally finished a fighting game demo called midnight Sun Tournament. Our aim was to see what we were able to do as a team : as a little team. Using no commercials licences, we couldn''t attempt of making money with this projet so we had to base our motivation totally on the fact we were finally creating something cool : a video game... As firts attempt of creation, we choose to create a game we would like to do and we were looking for challenges as Computer Artirts and programmer. We decided to do a Fightning Game even if that kind of game hasn''t been really successful on PC. We decided to do it as demo because of our lack of human ressources and work experiences in the game industry. About us, the result is not bad: Nice Graphics, Great Prog... The gameplay is kinda poor because we were so minded of creating a video games than we lost the main interest of video games : Gameplay We would like to have your opinions and critics about it... http://www.3dluvr.com/paranoy2k/Htm/Midnightsun.htm ***The game is 10.3 mb big and requires DirectX 7.0 or higher*** Gabriel Charest Reason Games
Gabriel CharestReason Games
Advertisement
Well, it ran well enough . You''re right about the gameplay though, before anyone would play it often, it needs some more options of some kind. However, your artwork is nice, wish I could make stuff like that .

http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
Hey, i have to say, nice stuff. It worked great and the art is great. This could become a real commercial venture with some more elbow grease. Gameplay, and special effects and perhaps some AI fighters would be great. I''m sure you''ve already thought of all that though..i.e. adding more guys, weapons, levels, story. This is a high res mortal combat, and it has some potential in my opinion. Although, it sucks to know that 2d fighters are past their prime now. Anyhow, hang on to that artist, and keep cranking out good code, and you guys will make something damn cool! Ok, later all...
I would like to say thanx for you opinions and encouragements guys!

As you noticed, we already thought about making this game a more complete and funny game...

It take us lot of our time and thoughts during the last 6 months The more this project was completing,the more our motivation was disapearing...We also thought about releasing it whitout sounds and specials moves so we realized it was time to do something...

We decided to finish it as Demo and then, start a new project a lot more actual that could maybe being commercialized someday...

Anyway, we are happy to know you liked...
We made this game so some people like you could ever try it someday and maybe realized it''s not that hard to do!

See ya!

Gabriel Charest
Reason Games
I''ve noticed that in myself.
When ever I get closer to completing something the more I lose motivation in finishing it...

Wonder why that is?
hmm, perhaps because the closer you get to finishing it, you realize you CAN finish it, and you lose interest. It no longer is a challenge to complete and therefore you move on to something else to challenge yourself with.
If you find that IS the case, however, try to remind yourself that the best games have a LOT of value-added polish!

I think it all a question about mindin and experiences...

The best way to finish something is to catch all this energy we spend it dreamin about making something better and fresher to spend our attention in finishing what we began!

Its hard to find motivation in finishing something you lost faith...

With experience, maybe we will learn that nothing is more important and useful than finishing what we began...

I hope so

Gabriel Charest
Reason Games
I think the same way.

When I work on a game, the more I work on it, the less care I have for it. Near completion I have to force myself to finish it.

This is because, like Anon Poster said, I realize that I can make it, and that is all I want to know. Once I know I can program something, I just want to move on to the next bigger thing, and so forth.

I think its true to say that its easier to start something, but harder to finish.
Damn, that''s pretty sweet.
Wish I had the time to work on a game and have it come out like that...most of my time is spent of school programming and work programming (Clustering anyone! yay....)
Damn, if you added some cooler sound effects, a few more guys, and AI it would be ready to go, I think. Maybe a few more special moves and stuff like that, but a really good job.

-----------------------------
How _not_ to give a presentation for work:
"Now, this part is really cool...uh, oh! I know why that happened. I was changing some of that code today and forgot to change this file! I''ll be right back." *running*.....
*running*
"What line was that?"

-=xelius=-

-------------------"Pointer?" -Anonymous-=Xelius=-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement