The game changes with the quest.

Started by
2 comments, last by Kaze 18 years ago
I guess this is another MMO topic, but an idea I've had (probably others) is this: When a person/group decides to go out on a quest or a mission. The gameplay could change to the point were it's almost like an entirely new game, but it still feels like part of the MMO. Say in some futuristic MMO, you go on a stealth mission, the game could become a full-fledged stealth game. Or you're in a clan and you have to retrive a certain artifact, the game would become some Ghost Recon-ish reconassiance game. Of course this would be really hard to implement into any current MMOs, but I'm just throwing around ideas for the future.
Advertisement
Guild Wars: Factions, have tried this idea, but failed.

The result is different from expected.
All my posts are based on a setting of Medival Fantasy, unless stated in the post otherwise
Seems like you'd need a system & ruleset that could encompass all the game "styles" at the same time and do them equally well. Usually stealth games become their special themselves by making you quite fragile, but now it'd feel lame if the rules actually changed depending on the type of mission/quest. Good luck :)
if you could actually make all the modes resonably polished it might sell but isnted of making your game everything you would do better to make it one thing but do it well

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement