Havok

Started by
9 comments, last by Enselic 18 years ago
Does anyone here use Havok?

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

Advertisement
I think people working for companies that licensed it.
It is only $100,000, which is barging for a established company but not for an amateur project
Yeah, I know it is pretty unlikely that someone has a personal copy, but I was just wondering if anyone here used it at work.

--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

If your looking for a physics engine for a personal project that you do not plan on selling. I would highly suggest using Ageia's PhysX engine. Its free for not comercial use, has a greate API, and is competitive with Havok on every step of the board. It took me all of a week to integrate it into my engine, and that with 4 of those days being spent on handling loading and saving physics data a disk.
Thank you, I am not looking for a physics engine, I use Havok. I am looking for someone with experience using Haovk.

--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

Doesnt Halo2 use Havok?
I remember one truly insane bug in that game; if enough players all stand on top of the same object at the same time, it will dissapear. poof! vanished from existance

my theory is that Havok uses some kind of object contact graph with its coldet, and it has a fixed size limit. so enough players stand on the same object and, whoops! we just accesed beyond our array limit and...

what do you think? how far off am I?
I'm more interested in: Who are you?

jjd: Don't Havok have some sort of clients-exclusive forum?

I'm quite interested in Havok too, so it'd be nice if you told something about it, like, is its code clean?
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
HALF-LIFE 2 uses havok, and i could count havok bugs in halflife 2 all the time, such as jumping hovercraft, ballistic headcrabs etc..

Projects: Top Down City: http://mathpudding.com/

Yeah, there's a forum, but no one uses it. So I wondered if there was anyone from here that I could hook up with there. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I can say regarding Havok under my contract so I'm not prepared to say too much. The engine is pretty nice to work with and provides a lot of flexibility in that you can let Havok take care of things or you can customize virtually any part of the engine to suit your needs. It also provides a lot of ways to tune its performance. My main criticism would be that the documentation is not as informative as I think it ought to be, which is why I'm trying to find someone's brain to pick [wink]

--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

Quote:Original post by Enselic
I'm more interested in: Who are you?

I only post using my handle when I am being helpful, not when I am asking a question. Unless it happens to be a very important question which merits the more serious reputation and user rating to help get a propor responce.

Why do you ask?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement