2D graphics software

Started by
6 comments, last by A. Buza 23 years, 2 months ago
Is there any really good graphics software I should be using for simple 2D sprite-based games? Neopaint, PSP, Gimp, Photoshop, etc all seem to be geared more toward high-res photo editing & artists w/ graphics tablets type stuff, not my little pixel-pushing self . ...Just wondering if there is a little-known program or something that I should be made aware of.
Advertisement
well, I find that they are all scalable, but for making sprites, you could either make your own editor, or you should probably be using the GIMP

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
I''m writing my own pixel editor, finding that I can''t get the classic look I want with big name packages. Plus, you can''t beat the power of your own editor because you can customize and update as you need to. For example, I''m going to write just a basic editor for my space invader type game, then program some enhancements for my ultimate goal -- a classic FF style RPG
Peon
well , hmmm.. there is paint ..

its the simplest , but then .. why would u want something so simple ..

i use psp and photoshop ..

My name also is andrew .. Andrew rocks....
I find PSP suits me fine, although creating your own editor is a lot more fun...

We seem to be accumulating a number of Andrew''s on this one... (I''m another one, that makes three now, right?)
Press to test... *click* Release to detonate...
Ahhhhh , you guys dont make any effort to look for what you need, do you ?

Look here for some excellent Old-school graphics software :
The GFX Zone

GrafX 2 is a favourite of mine

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I''ve found Corel Photo-Paint to be really good at this sort of thing. Not only can it be used in place of Photoshop for photo-editing, skins, and textures, it does animation too. There''s a frame overlay for onion skinning, it has good per-pixel painting, and one of the best 24 bit -> 8 bit converters you''ll ever find. Version 10 just came out a few months ago and it''s really nice. Right now it''s only available as part of the Draw 10 suite, but you can get version 9 stand-alone.
Thanks for all the input, everyone!

Btw, guess what the ''A'' in my name stands for...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement