Sign in to follow this  
Kakashi

What Does it take?

Sr_Guapo    876
It really depends. If you want to be a programmer, I recommend just trying to learn a lot on your own before going to college. Find a few good tutorials and start pacing your way through.

If you are wanting to take the modelling path, it will be a similar deal. Find a good 3D editor (Blender and Milkshape3D are great for beginners) and start messing around with it. Start trying to make models for your favorite games and importing them.

Azh321    569
Ide suggest going to a real college and get a comp sci degree, not some college chain that promises you that you can make the next big game.

Petahpie    122
this may be slightly off topic, but what would be better, a comp science degree or a software engineering degree?

edit:ok that was an unclear question. I guess I meant: What would be more pertinant to game programming and programming in general?

[Edited by - Petahpie on March 27, 2006 10:38:26 PM]

TaylorGJ    122
I dont live anywhere near California, but after just scanning the Gamedev schools index I have found a few schools in CA.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=77

Petahpie: Comp Science would probably be better then software engineering...Mabey...