Sign in to follow this  

python win32com erron on network install...

This topic is 4284 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm not sure if this is the best place for a Python question -- but I hope so. I get the following error and I'm having trouble working it out. I'm fairly new to Python, but I'm not really intimidated by the language, only the possibility that I might have to write some dll(s) to fix this problem. Here is the error: >>> acad = win32com.client.Dispatch("AutoCad.Application") Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "C:\Documents and Settings\me.ACADEMIC\Desktop\Python24\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 95, in Dispatch dispatch, userName = dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,c lsctx) File "C:\Documents and Settings\me.ACADEMIC\Desktop\Python24\lib\site-pa ckages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 98, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName) File "C:\Documents and Settings\me.ACADEMIC\Desktop\Python24\lib\site-pa ckages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 78, in _GetGoodDispatch IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx, pythoncom.II D_IDispatch) pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None) Runing XP, and AutoCad 2005. It's strange because this will work fine on my home machine. But then in the lab I get some wierd errors like the machine cannot find the right DLL. But it will, of course, find the DLL(s) associated with Windows products... so I find this a bit annoying. Anyway please help. Thanks, L-

This topic is 4284 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.