python win32com erron on network install...

Started by
-1 comments, last by Lucidquiet 18 years ago
I'm not sure if this is the best place for a Python question -- but I hope so. I get the following error and I'm having trouble working it out. I'm fairly new to Python, but I'm not really intimidated by the language, only the possibility that I might have to write some dll(s) to fix this problem. Here is the error: >>> acad = win32com.client.Dispatch("AutoCad.Application") Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in ? File "C:\Documents and Settings\me.ACADEMIC\Desktop\Python24\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 95, in Dispatch dispatch, userName = dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,c lsctx) File "C:\Documents and Settings\me.ACADEMIC\Desktop\Python24\lib\site-pa ckages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 98, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName) File "C:\Documents and Settings\me.ACADEMIC\Desktop\Python24\lib\site-pa ckages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 78, in _GetGoodDispatch IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx, pythoncom.II D_IDispatch) pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None) Runing XP, and AutoCad 2005. It's strange because this will work fine on my home machine. But then in the lab I get some wierd errors like the machine cannot find the right DLL. But it will, of course, find the DLL(s) associated with Windows products... so I find this a bit annoying. Anyway please help. Thanks, L-
"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." -Pete Seegerwww.lucid-edge.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement