Exporting .X files from Maya 7.0

Started by
22 comments, last by GninjaGnome 11 years, 10 months ago
It seems this plug-in is extremely unstable. My Maya crashed several times because of it.

Did Microsoft add any improvement to their plug-in in DX SDK April 2006?
Advertisement
I figured that I should revisit this thread after talking to some classmates of mine who were trying to use this thread to get the Maya DirectX exporter working. I made a .zip file of all of the files you need and a batch file to put them where they need to go. You can find that here. Make sure to read the readme file and make the necessary edits to the batch file. Also, I'm creating a web page that will contain the information I've found in a better arranged format. It can be found at tools.anomicworld.net.

Something I neglected to specify is that step 5 in the directions in the first post is within the Maya menu set.

Quote:It seems this plug-in is extremely unstable. My Maya crashed several times because of it.

I feel your pain.

Quote:Did Microsoft add any improvement to their plug-in in DX SDK April 2006?

Nope, I've taken a gander at it and it is exactly the same.

[Edited by - zer0wolf on June 17, 2006 9:19:42 AM]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
It's very kind of you, thank you very much!

I'd like to add a few notes to your batch file:
1. Remember to revise directories in the batch file, they r critical. For an example, many ppl's "My Documents" or Maya is not located in C:
2. Pay attention to where dxcc.dll is put, coz it's location is a little tricky...in my case, my Maya is installed in D:\Maya7, so I have to put dxcc.dll into D:\x86\ instead of C:\Program Files\x86
3. As mentioned before, this plug-in is unstable, make sure u load it right the moment before u export your work.
hy, i`ve downloaded the plug`in from http://www.quest3d.com/download/ and i`m getting this error every time i try 2 load it "Error: The operation completed successfully.". then i`ve installed the plug`in with the bat file suplied on this site, but the error remains...
pls can u tell me how can i fix this, how can i get the plug`in 2 work?
thank you
Did you install Maya to the default directory? Did you follow the instructions in the readme file included with the batch file on what you need to change in the batch file to make it work? Are you using a legal copy of Maya. Have you tried installing the file and then loading up Maya (as opposed to while Maya is running)?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
BTW, the DirectX exporter plugin really f'ed up my Maya really bad. I had it autoloading, and it was causing constant Fatal Errors, and serious batch rendering problems/crashes. I finally had the bright idea to unload the plugin unless I needed it (hopefully never), but just a note to anyone that has it installed and sees that D3D window when they batch render, and wonder why they have to restart their comp every time they exit Maya because their comp becomes a slug.
-------------www.robg3d.com
yes i am using a legal copy of maya!...
the plugin seems 2 work now.
/Applies glue

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Thank you very much ZeroWolf for your instrution. With your instruction, now I can export my object to .X now ^^. But can I ask few more questions....I'm really new with Maya so I don't know that soft binding and hard binding are the same one with rigid and smooth ? because binding help tool in Maya I can only find rigid and smooth so I don't have any conclusion to prove that these are the same things...and I have heard that IK is using for moving bones if have to aviod it...which tool should I use to handle it instade? and last one is that can I use ExportX tool to export the exsist Objects(the one that I have already finished it up before finding exportX tool)I have tested the polygon with no moving and it still work...but how about moving thing(because the exportX tool make my Maya 3 times slower than before...it is great if you don't have to turn it on immediatly when you doing your job)... thanks a lot for listening to all of my questions ^^.
Thank you for all your support and it worked for me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement