Scene objects in FX Composer...

Started by
1 comment, last by dave 18 years ago
This is probably a very stupid question, but does anyone here knows how can I access/modify scene objects in FX Composer? (.fxproj) I have loaded several examples and although I can see the rendered scene there is nothing in the interface that lets me add/modify easily current objects. I can add some objects but the interface is not very good. And I don't have any idea where is the center of the object, for instance, so I can rotate stuff around. And hopefully this is the right forum... not sure though. cgshaders is out.
Advertisement
Ok, so I've heard FX Composer 1.x interface with scene objects is indeed not very user friendly. I can import .X, .3DS, but it's hard to play with them once they are imported.

Anyhow, now my question is: did anyone here go to the GDC 2006 FX Composer 2.0 presentation? What did you think? Did they say anything about when is it going to be available?

And, most importantly, should I try RenderMonkey instead?
Hey bud,

A friend of mine and i have written numerous shaders with RenderMonkey, i rate it higher for productivity and ease of use than FX Composer. The only dislike i have about it is that the complete shader is edited with the Pixel and Vertex shaders separate, 1 on each tab. I much prefer the FX Composer approach. This means that you have to export to .fx to get an entire shader that can be used in an engine. With HLSL the output has proven to be a bit messy for my liking.

Hope that helps,

Dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement