Sign in to follow this  

Getting my code up on the web.

This topic is 4279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if it was ok to ask here where it would be best to upload my code im working on? Its starting to get kinda on the big side that copy pasting sections of it would be a big pain if I need help and im not completly sure if the code im posting is any help. Plus I just want the code out there so people can play with it too and give suggestions. I was looking at source forge but with all the licence mumbo jumbo( I have no clue about any of it) it seams like its much more then I really need. If I should really just go with Sorceforge can I get some help with it? Thankie.

If you want to, you can use a SVN server. The idea is that you can upload your code and it will maintain the various versions of it each time you upload it again. This versioning allows you to keep track of all your main revisions automatically. The cool thing is that you can upload any file to a SVN file and the different versions are stored, so you are not limited to just code. If you are interested, take a look at this thread. I have a little how-to for setting it up as well as how to start using SVN (Link on #4). By using this, you can setup user accounts if you wanted anyone to be able to join the project and be able to upload new revisions, or you can just give people a WebCVS link so they can see the current files (for example). If you run into any troubles with it, help is avaliable. Good luck!

If I can really be bothered updating, I just set up a FreeWebs site and put stuff there, updating every now and again. requires a bit of work and remembering to actually bother to put it up (both of which i lack ;)

Got a freewebs site up and running for right now. Thanks for the help everyone. Once ive figured out how to simply set up download links to my code(The 'Easy' Web site creation isn't so easy in reguards to that).

This topic is 4279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.