Sign in to follow this  
publicmmi

Game-specific file-format ...

publicmmi    122
While there are many infos, tools on fileformats for games like doom, quake etc. i couldn't find any informations about animation-fileformats (+textures) in games like "Pro Evolution Soccer" or "FIFA". Anyone has some infos/tools/links/... ?

frob    44904
Most of the time these formats aren't publicly documented. They're probably only just barely documented internally.

The files that ship with the game have generally been processed from countless original assets, combined into an implementation-based format, possibly compressed, and otherwise made into something easy for the application to load quickly.

With a few exceptions, only games designed for mods release those file formats. The rest are just reverse engineered by people like yourself. Sites like wotsit are a clearinghouse for those reverse engineered formats. Generally a careful search on [google] will find it, if it exists.

The normal warnings about using other people's files are still in effect: Be careful that you aren't violating licenses, copyright law, or other legal elements.

publicmmi    122
- I owe the games.
-The only thing i may do is to explore and modify thoses files local at my
harddisk just for fun and never publish it.

Now tell which serious company cares about this ?