Windows Programming

Started by
1 comment, last by basement 18 years ago
A few weeks ago I picked up a book on C++ programming and am really starting to enjoy it. It has become my daily stress reliever. Even though I'm still fairly new, I'm starting to get reasonably good at programming. I'm planning on getting a more advanced general C++ book, but I also want to start doing some windows programming as well. I got some good suggestions on general C++ books, but have yet to find any good visual C++ books. Does anyone know of a good visual C++ book?
James HammondUniversity of ColoradoDepartment of Computer Science
Advertisement
Anything from Microsoft Press, Prosise, and Richter is pretty good. The only VS book I have that isn't MS Press is Visual Studio Hacks by O'Reilly which I highly recommend.
Charles Petzold, a man with the Windows logo tattooed on his arm, is the author of the "Programming Windows" book classics.

The Windows API is very frustrating to learn/use though, so if you want to get more work done you could look at some MFC books. MFC is the C++ way of doing things on windows, I have a book from Jeff Prosise and I really enjoyed it. I believe the title of this book is "Programming Windows with MFC"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement