Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3D: Wrongs displayed textures

This topic is 6165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I developed a GUI for our game and it looks really good with a Voodoo/S3/GeForce. To display our GUI we use several functions to render a 2d-bitmap in original size, so we use T&L-Verts+Polys to display a texture in it''s original size. As you can imagine, for a rectangle, the vertex coords should like this (in clockwise order): (0/0)-(1/0)-(1/1)-(0/1) So, since the texture is in it''s original size there shouldn''t be any filtering performed. However on a TNT the last pixelrow and pixelcolumn appear in the first row and column. I don''t know if it''s missing parameter or anything else in DirectX. Perhaps it''s on side of the TNT. Do you know the problem?
Have a look at our game "Crashday" at www.moonbyte.de

@Jonus:

Your stuff seemed clear to me and so I implented it, but right now it doesn''t look very nice.
I used the pixel centers technique for my font routines (access several chars in a 128x128 texture) and I think I didn''t make a mistake. Now, on my Voodoo, the font chars look distorted.
It really seems as if, for example, the Voodoo doesn''t use the pixel center or perhaps it automatically uses a pixel center when specifying a pixel border.

I didn''t realise such a problem on one of the pro games, so
they probably have a solution.
I couldn''t try it on a TNT yet, thats bad

Have a look at our game "Crashday" at www.moonbyte.de

Sorry MothaBrain but i don''t know how the textures are dispayed correctly on voodoo-cards. I did knew this problem with the texel stuff because of the nvidia white papers and a friend who told me. Here is a link to the nvidia dev site. Have u looked around on the 3dfx site for developer stuff?