Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transparency problem DirectDraw

This topic is 6164 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hail Dx Gurus, I am having woes with fastblit transparency. Here's the code :

// Attempt here to create "black", colour value 0, as transparent

DDCOLORKEY ckey;
	ckey.dwColorSpaceLowValue = 0;
	ckey.dwColorSpaceHighValue = 0;
	if (FAILED(lpDDSBackBuffer->SetColorKey(DDCKEY_SRCBLT, &ckey)))
	{
	return 1;
	}

// This is my experimental block

lpDDSBackBuffer->BltFast(0, 0, background, NULL, DDBLTFAST_WAIT); // | DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY);

lpDDSBackBuffer->BltFast(124, 0, background, NULL, DDBLTFAST_WAIT | DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY);
lpDDSBackBuffer->BltFast(62, 31, background, NULL, DDBLTFAST_WAIT | DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY);

lpDDSPrimary->Flip(0, DDFLIP_WAIT);

My first BltFast places my tile up in the left hand upper corner. Everything's groovy. But the two subsequent BltFasts, which are *supposed* to be only not blitting the black pixels, are not blitting any pixels at all. If I rip out the DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY part they blit happily but of course, no transparency. I cut what I thought to be the relevant bit only, I hope I didn't cut too little. Thanks for looking El Duderino Edited by - El Duderino on January 29, 2001 9:03:36 AM

Hmmm... I don''t think the error is the blitting.
When I blit a picture without a colorkey using SRCCOLORKEY
it doesn''t show.

/MindWipe

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."

I read every similar post before returning here - every one of them, and none of them answered my question, even though this is a common one.

Thanks Coaster Kev and Mindwipe you have totally fixed things, it''s looking gorgeously transparent now !!!

El Duderino